Chief Executive Officer, Reteti Elephant Sanctuary - Reteti Elephant Sanctuary (is Kenya’s first community owned rescue, rehabilitation and release sanctuary for orphaned and abandoned young elephants. We invite applications for the CEO position from passionate, self-motivated, and energetic candidates. This is an opportunity for a high-performing individual to join our team to harness good working environment and improve people’s way of life, while positively impacting the lives in communities throughout the conservancy. Reporting to the Namunyak Wildlife Community Trust Board, the CEO of Reteti Elephant Sanctuary is responsible for overseeing the sanctuary’s consistent achievement of its vision, mission and core values. The CEO will be responsible for both strategic and operational support to the sanctuary. They will be responsible for managing the rescue program and developing it to a self-sustaining model that integrates wildlife conservation, environmental conservation, tourism and livestock; benefits the surrounding communities; protects the ecological integrity of the land and contributes to improvement of the community livelihoods. This position involves a lot of overseas travelling. Find out more and how to apply.
Sanctuary Manager, Reteti Elephant Sanctuary - The overall responsibility of the Reteti Elephant Sanctuary manager is to co-ordinate and supervise the daily management and effective running of Reteti Elephant Sanctuary. Key tasks include
- Support the CEO to ensure appropriate systems and resources
- General oversight of the daily operations of the sanctuary, maintenance, stores control, community engagement, maintenance of health standards and logistics.
- Oversee, and manage the care for the animals, protection and other wildlife
- Administration of finance, reporting, salaries, accounting and statutory compliance.
- Oversight of community liaison office, grazing and water management.
- Management of supplies and procurement.
- Maintenance of records, inventory control and storekeeping.
- Guest visitation, ticketing and fees collection.
- Managing donor funding, budgets and expenditures
Senior Communications Officer, Reteti Elephant Sanctuary - This position will report to the CEO and will be part of the RES communications management team. The successful candidate will be based in Namunyak Conservancy. He or she will be responsible for managing all external and internal communications within RES, staying on top of communications needs and assisting in the development of materials to meet those needs; including fact sheets, donor reports/ proposals, social media content and presentations. They will be required to understand the community, liaising with county coordinators, programme leads and RES managers to conduct field reporting, or provide event support. They will work with the Chief Executive Officer to manage RES social media accounts and other communications platforms. Find out more and how to apply.